Expats Blog.com for a Top Blog of the Year Award! This is really good news. I have been blogging now for about one and a half years and I must say I am really enjoying this adventure. If you want to know why I started blogging you can read an interview over on the Amsterdam Mamas website. I am excited about the connections that have been made through this blog, the comments you have left, the emails I have received and for the people that daily visit this blog. A big thank you to you all!
For this award it is important that I have reviews from the readers. The more reviews the better. I would really appreciate some feedback. Please go over to the Expats Blog and add your review there. The reviews have to be in before the 9th of December 2012, so that is just about in 4 days time.
One of the reasons that I started blogging was that I wanted more people to know about third culture kids.
Thanks to Olga @The European Mama I know that this goal is being reached.
"I have only heard about Third Culture Kids because of Janneke's blog and found it a fascinating topic! Janneke tackles both the bright and the dark side of being an expat and I love her thoughtful, fascinating posts!"
If you prefer to leave your feedback here then that's fine too. I also have a very short questionnaire in the margin on the left side of the blog and you can let me know what kind of topics you would like to hear more about. I am looking forward to more good things happening in this festive month. Thanks to everyone who left a comment about my blog on the Expat Blog.com, I enjoyed reading your comments. Very encouraging.
The results of the contest are out. You can see the winners on the Expat Blog. For the Netherlands these are the winners. Congratulations!
- Gold for Adventures in Integration A personal blog written by an Australian import bride living in the Netherlands since May 2008 with her husband.
- Silver for Invading Holland The story of an accident prone English man.
- Bronze for A Flamingo in Utrecht by an American, living with an Italian, in a 2000-year-old city in the Netherlands. She loves exploring, with camera and dog in tow, as she learns and shares the history, art and contemporary culture of Utrecht.
- Dutch pancake An American living in Holland and playing in Europe
- The European Mama A blog by a Polish mother living in the Netherlands with her German husband and two daughters about parenting, multilingualism, being European, and much much more.
- The Wooden Shoe Dairies A Canadian expat in the Netherlands blogs about the zanier sides of life in Holland.