Wednesday 21 September 2011

Twitter update week 38: news about kids growing up globally

Sorry to have become a little slack about writing my twitter updates. I posted a comment on an interesting blog Expat with Kids. She wrote a post about third culture kids and she has several posts on this topic. She gave me a compliment for my twitter update which made me feel I must write a new update.

Autumn started today on this side of the globe
This is what I twittered about recently. I hope the links lead you to information you are looking for. By the way autumn started today on this side of the globe.

Are you a third culture kid? Do you agree with the term? Read blog for some thoughts:

Infographic of the modern third culture kid: via interesting! Home? = complicated 

Great article Sharing TCK experience thro' design Nice information package on TCKs international project?

6 Positive strategies to make a teenage repatriation less traumatic:
any advice?

Heard of the ? visit site and click on "news" to read an interview by South China Morning Post 

Culture shock: 24/7 or never again?   

Social media: What parents should know important for TCKs

Post by WifeinaSuitcase English as She is Spoke* Is it "rubbish" or "garbage"?

TCK How to Cope with Change: my top 5 tips
 

Are you global minded? How about your kids? What are you doing about it?

Love the suggestions in this blog post! Responsible global citizenship builds bridges  

5 things to look for in your college hunt, part of our guide for : .

What kind of stressors affect our TCK kids during times of transition?  

Have you heard this? 101 pianos set up in Tilburg - play me, I'm yours!!

Nederlandse kinderen in het in : artikel bij wat vindt jij ervan?

If you would like to read more twitter updates about children growing up in other cultures:
 Please add your news or links. It's all about children growing up in other cultures. Thanks.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the list!
    This stuff can be hard to track down; it's great to have a stack of TCK reading to work through.
    And thanks for including my "change" series!
    christy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Christy for your comment. It is a challenge to find all the information but I do hope that it will be helpful for whoever is interested in third culture kids (TCKs) etc.

    I like your blog and would encourage anyone to go over and read Christy her TCK story and her "tips" to help you in times of change. We need more TCKs writing and telling their story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Christy, great list to start reading through...my weekend reading list? =)
    Thanks for the mention!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comment. I am glad there are parents writing about their exepriences raising third culture kids (TCKs). Do visit MaDonna her blog called "RaisingmyTCKs". Happy to mention you. Hope you find some reading time!

    ReplyDelete