I will share some interesting links, blogs and twitters I came across this week. Be informed and have fun!
- Did you know that Colin Firth, the actor in King's Speech is a third culture kid (TCK)? Read Cami's post I'm in love with Colin Firth on Libby Stephen's website, Cami's post is worth reading.
- Culture shock described by an American coming to the Netherlands: Insego community
- New blog post: 10 ways to lead by example as parents, written by Julia Simens author of the book Emotional-Resilience and the Expat Child.
- The youngst third culture kid (TCK) that I have found who writes her own blog is Eliana, she is 11 years old and lives in Miami, Florida. She has lived in many places including St.Petersburg, Russia and Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- A blog post about third culture kids (TCKs) on Nekky her blog Reflexions, Nekky is a Nigerian girl living with her husband and children in Germany.
- The top 10 most spoken languages of the world
- RT @RebeccaGrappo Expat Radio interview w/ me on challenges of educating #TCKs overseas & finding the right school http://t.co/zJt6Dty
- @globalcoach TCK interviewed by Expats Radio on calamities of moving around http://dld.bz/abdCT #expatriate #expat #tcks #tckids
- RT @InterNationsorg Back to the roots can be difficult for #expats: http://t.co/H09EPcv Trouble readjusting? Share it at http://t.co/kjMkwf5
- RT @Thandelike what #relocation means for this Third Culture Kid: "Lost in Transition" http://t.co/8EQCWBD #expat #TCKs
- RT@3rdculturechild "Moving is the 3rd most stressful life event". Really? Wouldn't have guessed that in a million moves! http://t.co/jNTMrLV
- Are you a Third Culture Kid? Help @denizenmag learn more about modern #TCKs by taking our survey: http://t.co/1Hvs2NJ did it!