Wednesday 26 September 2012

Why I Started Blogging

As I wrote in my recent post great things can happen online. I have been nominated for the Expatica "I am not a tourist” Expat Blog Competition 2012.

I was asked by Amsterdam Mamas in their Meet the Blogger series to answer a few questions and the first questions was: Why did you start blogging? Which is actually a really good question. I started this blog in June 2011. So I have celebrated my first blog anniversary and we did that with a lovely interview with Heidi Sand-Hart, the author of the book "Home Keeps Moving". There was a giveaway too, so that was one of my posts with the most comments.

Amsterdam Mamas was created in 2010 by a group of expat mothers and mothers-to-be who wanted to support each other and exchange information about their experiences of pregnancy and motherhood in Amsterdam. Do hop over and visit their website. If you want to know why I started blogging you can read it here in the mini interview.

Just to let you know Expatica posted about DrieCulturen too this week.

The Expat Blog competition is open until the 7th of October which is the day of the expat fair at the Beurs van Berlage in the heart of Amsterdam. Hop over and see all the other blogs that have been nominated and cast your vote here: http://www.expatica.com/iamnotatourist/blog_vote.php. 
  
By the way what do you think was my best or most interesting post? I would love to hear from you.

Interesting posts:

2 comments:

  1. So many great posts! I started reading your blog with the post: "Are you raising messed up kids?", but I think my favourite was the one where you quoted the poem about colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello European Mama, thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I really like the poem with the colours too :). I am glad you found my blog and that we connected. I hope to meet you in real life sometime!

    ReplyDelete